A physiotherapist is a university educated health professional and a recognized member of a health care team.Physiotherapy is multi-dimensional and can treat a vast variety of conditions.Primarily it focuses on the restoration and rehabilitation of the musculo-skeletal injuries.
Specifically, physiotherapist improve client ‘s quality of life by:
• Preventing injuries, promoting mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness.
• Managing acute and chronic conditions,activity limitations,and participation restrictions.
• Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions.
• Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence ,re-injury or functional decline
How physiotherapist treat:
• Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength , range of motion,and function.
• Soft Tissue Techniques including massage,friction,trigger point release therapy.
• Joint mobilization to reduce pain and stiffness.
• Hot and cold pack modalities to relieve pain,reduce swelling,speed up the healing process,improve movement and function.
Common Conditions ,injuries and diseases treated by Physical Therapist:
• Shoulder pain-Bursitis, Rotator cuff injuries
• Foot and Ankle Pain
• Hip and knee pain
• Over-use injuries –Tennis elbow,golfer’s elbow, Patellar tendinitis,Plantar fasciatis
• Frozen shoulder
• Muscle Strain and Sprain
• Neck and back pain
• Postural Stress syndrome
• Sports injuries
• Work related injuries
• Motor Vehicle Accident injuries
• Post-Operative Rehabilitation.
• Gait Re-training
• Neurological diseases-Stroke,Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease and many more.