Chiropractic is one of the largest primary contact health care professions in Ontario. The profession uses a noninvasive, drug free, hands on manual approach that focuses on the neuromusculoskeletal system which includes the spine, bones, joints, nervous system and muscles .Chiropractors believe in finding and eliminating the cause of the pain , rather than simply treating the symptoms.
Chiropractors implement a combination of drug-free conservative treatments , all of which are customized to the specific needs of the individual patient. After taking a complete history and conducting a physical examination, chiropractors formulate a diagnosis and develop a comprehensive treatment plan. This plan will include noninvasive manual therapies, customized therapeutic and preventative exercise programs, and possibly the use of custom foot orthotics. Orthotics have been found to not just prevent foot pain, but they also help to alleviate other joint pains such as knee and back pain. Chiropractors also provide ergonomic and lifestyle counselling. They also offer therapies to assist with performance enhancement.
Chiropractors treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions. People of all ages can benefit from chiropractic care. Common conditions that chiropractors treat include:
● Back pain
● Neck pain/Whiplash
● Disc bulges and herniations
● Arthritis & Joint pain
● Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and other wrist strains
● Rotator Cuff Injuries
● Golf & Tennis Elbows/ Elbow Pain
● Knee pain
● Ankle sprains
● Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
● Sports Related Injuries
● Postural Syndromes
● Multiple Sclerosis and other Neurological Diseases
● Pregnancy related neck and back pain
● Workplace Accident related Injuries (WSIB)
● Repetitive Strain/Computer Use Pain Syndromes
● Motor Vehicle Accident related Injuries
● Slips and Falls related Injuries
● Gardening, lifting, shovelling related injuries
● Joint replacement rehabilitation/Post Surgical rehabilitation.
● And many more.
For further information or to book an appointment please contact the clinic.